The Kenya University Students Organization, KUSO, President Antony Manyara has been honored with a Head of State’s Commendation, HSC, by President Uhuru Kenyatta. Manyara’s name stood out in the list of awardees in President Uhuru’s sunset actions as president.
Taking to his social media pages, Manyara thanked President Uhuru Kenyatta for recognizing the noble recognition and also thanked comrades for their cooperation in the line of his service. He posted,
Head of State Commendation (HSC)
My deserved award of the Head of State’s Commendation (HSC) is a testament to all comrades that in all our capacities, we can positively contribute to making our country better; when comrades are happy, Kenya is happy.As I thank His Excellency President Uhuru Kenyatta for this noble recognition, I wish to extend special appreciation to all comrades for their support and cooperation in ensuring that we have a solid comrades voice in matters of national importance and that we are more united than ever.This is but the beginning of even better days for comrades. I’m throughly loyal.
El Presidente, HSC
Leadership positions currently held by Antony Manyara
February 2022 – Present: National Youth Delegate (NYD)
February 2022 0 Present: EAC Representative, Commonwealth Youth Council (CYC)
June 2019 – Present: Founder, and CEO of Youth Advocacy Africa (YAA)
July 2018 – Present: President, Kenya Universities Students’ Organization (KUSO)
Key highlights of Antony Manyara as KUSO President
- Elected for 4 consecutive terms: 2018/2019, 2019/2020, 2020/2021 and 2021/2022
- Received unanimous support from top delegates across 71 Universities (public and private) and 1,250 Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) institutions.
- Democratically elected by majority votes as KUSO’s president on July 7th, 2018, by student leaders representing all Kenyan Universities, both public and private; a big stride to instilling democracy and freedom of involvement and participation in the future leaders of
- Revitalized the Kenya Universities Students’ Organization (KUSO) from a populist and rag-tag group to a professional umbrella body with representation felt countrywide, true to its aspirations and
- Transformed KUSO, to be at the forefront in all matters affecting students and of national interest, especially touching on
- Delinked KUSO in totality, from partisan politics as a hired body, to a professional student-centered
- Hoisted KUSO on the continental and global scene, with the most pivotal – recognition being from the Africa Progress Group (APG), a brainchild of H.E Olusegun Obasanjo the former President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria on the 24th of October
- In recognition of exemplary representation, invited to represent East Africa in November 2019 at the African Progress Group (APG) meeting in
- In recognition of my patriotic sense of duty and peace-building activities with students countrywide, I was selected to represent students in the Building Bridges Taskforce, commissioned by H.E President Uhuru Kenyatta and Chaired by Senator Yusuf
Antony Manyara’s membership in leadership organizations.
- Commonwealth Youth Council
- Worldwide Universities Network (WUN)
- Pan-African Youth Union (PYU)
- East African Youth Assembly
- East African Community Youth Ambassadors Platform
- YOULEAD Africa
- National Youth Council – Kenya
- All Africa Students Union (AASU)
- East African Students Union (EASU)
- Kenya Universities’ Students Organization (KUSO)
- University of Nairobi Students Association (UNSA)
Outstanding Awards and Recognitions bagged by Antony Manyara
14th Feb. 2019: Kenya
Certification by African Union (AU) High Commissioner for Infrastructure Development presented by Rt. Hon. Raila Odinga on outstanding commitment to enhancing sober studentship and revamping the face of student leadership across the country through the “Change the Narrative Campaign” and pivotal role in the Building Bridges Initiative.
28th November 2018: Nigeria
Awarded by H.E Olusegun Obasanjo, former President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and Founder, Africa Progress Group in recognition of an outstanding representation with regards to the digital environment and diversity of cultural expressions.
13th July 2022: Kenya
Awarded a Head of State Commendation (HSC) by President Uhuru Kenyatta for outstanding service to students.